I live in an apartment right next to a street with shops, a café, a small meadow with trees – in short, a little bit of everything. When sleeping with an open window on hot nights, I’m sometimes awakened by the annoying sounds of the night.
This is my attempt at rating these sounds.
- A pair of magpies going KEKEKEKEKEKEKE (probably because some cat found their nest)
- A blackbird singing aggravatingly close to my window
- A group of night owl teenagers talking very loudly sitting outside the café across the street
- Two cats decide they hate each other and of course it has to happen just below my window
- One of the largest trucks on the planet (certainly one of the loudest) driving by
- A depressed woman that hates everything about life and everyone needs to hear about it
- That one rapper walking by while reciting one of his favorite songs
- A strange crow that sounds like it swallowed a laser gun
- A wood pigeon in a tree repeating the Forbidden Forest jingle